Monday, May 6, 2013

A Picture Says A Thousand Words

Hello Everyone and welcome to another Flourishes Beautiful World Tour!!  If you've jetted in from Sasha's blog in beautiful England, then you have arrived at the correct destination!!!  If you've landed here by chance and don't want to miss all the beautiful creations the team have for you today, you can start your journey back at the Flourishes Blog!

Don't forget you can WIN a stamp set of your choice, simply by leaving comments on each of the team's blogs.  You won't know which blog is this month's special destination, so make sure you comment on each one!!!  :)

I'm the hostess today and have challenged the girls to create a project where  'A Picture Says A Thousand Words'.  What this means is to create a project with only an image.....no sentiment and tell us what this image means to us!


 I chose the beautiful dressmakers' form from Feminine Charm because it reminds me of my Grandmother!  My Grandma was a dressmaker for about 80 years and made all the wedding gowns for the girls in the family and although she is 'retired' from dressmaking now (being a spritely 91yrs old), I have such fond memories of visiting her when I was young and there was a dress form in her spare room along with old industrial sewing machines and overlockers not to mention an amazing collection of all things related to sewing!  I remember her telling me that her favourite colours were 'Autumn Tones' which, as a child was a little confusing since we live in the sub-tropics and the leaves are green all year round here!  So today I've created my card to reflect her love of Autumn Tones and sewing!


I hope you've enjoyed your visit here in Australia, your next destination on today's Beautiful World Tour is.........Aleksandra is Slovenia!!


25 comments:

Naomi said...

Kathy, this is beyond BEAUTIFUL! Love this gorgeous image, the spellbinders card base and layers, and your AMAZING colouring in autumn tones!

Hugs from Canada,
Naomi
xoxo

Patricia said...

Landed here from Sasha`s Blog and Oh! Wow! I am so glad I did.
Your card is divine, as is your other creations I scrolled back to look at.
Have a Great Day

Patricia x

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,love this stamp!!

Sasha said...

Stunning work, Kathy, from the dies you used to your beautiful colouring. I love this set of stamps, and the dressform is so appropriate for your lovely memories of your very talented grandma x

stampqueen said...

Again - beautifully done and the love the fall colors too!!

TLady said...

OH YES CATHY!!!! This card is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE the SHARING OF YOUR MEMORIES!!!!!!!!! :) This card is WONDERFULLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jean Bullock said...

Gorgeous stamp set and beautifully colored. Great layout for this card. I know so many seamstresses who would love to receive a card like this.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun story related with this fun image!

Yogi said...

wonderful. Love this set and it's on it's way to me BIG GRIN.
Have a great day

Kris B said...

Your Autumn tone card is beautiful! Love how you colored the dress form! TFS God bless!!

Belinda said...

What a beautiful card, love the autumn colors.

zehra said...

Beautiful card, love the colors

Allison Cope said...

Totally in love with your vintage beauty Kathy! What a fabulous story about your grandmother! So many wonderful memories I'm sure. Stunning card! Love every little detail!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

So beautiful, Kathy! I loved reading your inspiration, too, because I felt like I could see the room at your grandmother's! How neat that she made all your bridal gowns, so lovely!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, love your gorgeous card, Kathy! And the memories of your talented Grandma! Fab work! Hugs

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So you get no autumn tones. Disappointing in a way. Lovely card. So vintage like.

Julia said...

Love it! Love the colors.

Sue D said...

I like the autumn tones and sewing theme in honor of your grandma.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful dress form, wonderful frame and colors Kathy.

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous card Kathy. Love the layout and your colouring is beautiful as always.

Helen said...

Beautiful card, Honey! Love how the dark background makes the rest of it pop! Grandma will just LOVE this one.

Misti said...

Gorgeous card! My grandmother was a seamstress. She could go into a store, make a sketch of something she saw & come home & make it without a pattern. I did not inherit that gift! LOL!

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. Love that image. Happy Mother's Day!

Janis said...

Love all the elements of this card, but the dark background really makes the other parts take center stage. Love this.

Aleksandra said...

Kathy, I love the story you've shared with us and your card is absolutely stunning! I love the outside border, it's breathteaking! And I love the vintage touch on the card that goes perfectly with the image and the story! So so beautiful!

Have a great day! Hugs,
Aleksandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails